Friday, June 14, 2024

page 230

...the three of them sat in the television lounge after dinner,   Marshal  s mother  was  engrossed in watching television,  Marshal   was  perched on a cushion on the floor,  nafis raja on the sofa  sat massaging her head,  , her hair were sticky  with oil , , this was  the most favorite  pastime of nafis raja,  Marshal  spoke up, Nana Jani  I have something to say to you 
Of course   get over with it, I am all  ears listening was just waiting for you to say something 
You remove the two guards  posted over me, it is so  irritating,  one of them has taken leave from you and gone home,  he beverages takes his eyes off me, 
Nafis raja  smiled on her attitude,  Marshal fumed, she got up from her place,  I am fed up, all my friends circle  discuss this matter  , they make fun of it and you  are laughing it off
Nafis raja deliberately  distorted his face to look mock serious  and  pushed her back to make her sit down on the cushion,  Marshall dragged her mother into her  unsorted problem and  said  mother take care of your father,  now I am a grown up and ought to be treated like one I can take good care of myself 

No comments: