Monday, April 1, 2024

page 105

....talking to each other we reached the  sitting room,  she was  very carefully  looking at each and everything in my apartment,  the expensive paintings on the walls,  photo frames kept on the shelves and other such  items,   entering into the dining room she  pointed at a photo frame and asked me 
How are these people 
In the picture were  my parents   looking  so alive 
I told Kate they were my parents picture,  daddy still spends most of his time on the boat  and mom remains worrying about her health as always,  she keeps herself very busy  finding  illnesses in herself which don't really exist 
Even now,  she repeated my words  meaningfully,  how is that possible 
I didn't understand her  so I looked at her questioningly 
Without answering my quizzical look she moved to another photo frame and picked it up,  it was a group picture  with me in it
Who are  others with you 
Mostly my colleagues  I  explained   proudly to Kate,  it was  to celebrate our success,  a  case of a wealthy client  proved not just profitable  but  also  brought  name fame and success to our firm,  on the occasion the picture was taken 
Angela you must be feeling odd  my curiosity about your personal matters,  said she  rather apologetically,  your success  and  progress  is remarkable  and I couldn't resist asking  too many questions 

No comments: