Friday, July 11, 2008

meditation

Title: Into the LightArtist: Don Li-Leger Exploration and experimentation of a few methods of meditation is required before one decides which is the most appropriate method for him/her. One can know through a combination of intuition and experience. One may experience a few moments of peace while gazing into a candle flame but it is unlikely to help one transform a pattern of negative thinking and acting. The rhythm of a mantra being chanted verbally, or even mentally, may suspend anxious and angry thoughts (stress) for a while, but it won't alter the underlying beliefs and perceptions which are responsible for one's stressful emotions. A good test of any method is to ask yourself five questions: does it increase my self awareness, does it help me understand myself better; does it empower me to transform my deepest negative habits; does it help bring a lighter and more positive energy to my relationships; does it help me 'see' more clearly my values and my purpose in life.

No comments: