Thursday, January 4, 2024

page 15

It was  around twelve  , her phone  began ringing,  startled she picked up her phone,  it was Hyder  flashing on the screen,  she had saved him and his number  , she tentatively spoke  hello on the mouthpiece  not  wanting him to know she had  saved him to contacts 
I am Hyder speaking,  I hope I didn't disturb your sleep,  gulnar had told me  you study  all night 
Oh, so gulnar gave you my number 
Yes of course,  I asked her for it 
 For unexplained reason she  had seemed to hesitate 
Perhaps  she thought  it unwise  to share my number  without my permission 
Probably you are right,  she talks too much,  she constantly chattered twenty minutes before shutting down 
Who rang up 
Gulnar had rung him up, to share her own number with him 
So what  did you talk about for so long 
 Asked shazya smiling 
Gulnar was interested in asking about me and my life in detail 
And why did you call me  up
Just wanted to share the  conversation between gulnar and me with you 
Why
The reason I shall tell you tomorrow,  can we meet somewhere 

No comments: